Ultimately, the best solar battery for you is only for you to decide, because they all have different features and benefits. To make the most of your solar panels, however, installing a battery system is essential.
Solar batteries allow you to store your solar generated electricity for use later, which means you have power when it is raining or at night-time. This also provides you with the option to sell any excess power back to the grid and receive a credit on your bill.
Aztech Solar only installs the most reputable solar system batteries – batteries that we trust to provide the highest standard service to our customers – which is why all the products we install, as well as our workmanship, come with industry-leading 10 to 15-year warranties.
The Tesla Daily Powerwall
Tesla is a name that you have probably heard of: They are emerging as a forerunner in the electrical industry. They have created the Powerwall, which is not only a battery that stores energy, but also detects grid power outages and automatically switches to become your home’s energy source.
This means you won’t be dependent on the grids power in cases of emergency or where power is necessary to have no shortages, such as a home medical oxygen supply.
Tesla’s app allows you to monitor your home’s energy production and consumption and set your preferences to optimise for energy independence. and, unlike generators, the Powerwall system is noiseless and can save you money while reducing your carbon footprint and preparing your home for potential power outages.
Daily Powerwall Features and Advantages
Powerwall’s compact design makes it versatile for indoor or outdoor spaces:
- Storage: Store unused solar power in Powerwall instead of sending it to the grid.
- Control: Allow the system to be automated or monitor and control your home energy with the Tesla app.
- Power: Your home will always be connected and powered by solar 24/7.
- Protect: Your home is protected during a power outage due to independence from the grid.
- Safety: Powerwall is touch safe, and Tesla have achieved unprecedented levels of safety in home energy storage.
- Eco Friendliness: Combine your solar panels and add one or more. Powerwall home batteries to achieve a ‘net zero’ rating. This means home produces as much energy as it consumes.
- Ergonomic and Aesthetic: Powerwall’s lithium-Ion battery’s design is slim lined and whisper quiet.
LG Chem High Voltage
Well-known brand LG have designed the RESU10H system, which is a high voltage, safe, convenient battery that offers high performance. The battery produces between 350 – 500V in order to meet energy requirements of photovoltaic systems (the conversion of light into electricity) used in Australia. It is essentially a more powerful and smaller battery, protected against dust and water.
High Voltage Features and Benefits
LG Chem RESU10H is flexible, and can be wall or floor-mounted, indoors or out. It offers:
- High Voltage: Powerful battery that can produce between 350 – 500V.
- High Performance: With continuous power and great durability.
- Convenience: Compact Size and can be installed inside or outside, on a wall or on the ground.
- Safety: Applies the same safety-record technology as LG car batteries.
- Easy Installation: Lightweight and fast installation which will save you money.
- Options: The RESU series offers diverse product options ranging from 3.3kWh to 13.1kWh.
LG Chem is the sister company of LG Electronics, reputable worldwide. The LG Chem RESU range are all Lithium-ion batteries, formed with cells utilising LG Chem’s ‘Lamination and Stacking’ method. This produces a higher energy concentration by reducing the dead space which enhances cell sustainability. LG have designed a structure that increases the mechanical and thermal stability of battery cells, and each battery is equipped with a management system enables total autonomy of the battery, leaving you worry free.
LG Chem Features and Benefits
- Efficiency: Lithium-Ion chemistry reduces dead space in cells.
- Power: RESU series features industry-leading continuous power and efficiency.
- Proven Technology: LG Chem’s Lamination & Stacking technology provides durability ensuring 80% of capacity retention after 10 years.
- High quality: Designed and manufactured by an industry leader.
- Flexibility: Can be wall-mounted or floor-standing, indoors or out.
- Options: A range of sizes with the ability to mix, match and stack units to suit energy requirements and budgets.
- Easy Installation: Battery connection has been simplified, reducing installation time and costs.
- Safety: Proven safety record which is the same as technologies in LG car batteries.
Fronius Energy Package
Fronius’ goal is to be the innovation leader, and to shift the limits of what’s possible. Fronius offer safe and high-performance lithium technology, anddescribe their solar batteries as ‘24-hour Sun storage solution’, and they believe it is how energy will be supplied into the future. They have power categories ranging from 3.0 to 5.0 kW, which results in maximum self-consumption of the available power and maximum energy independence from the grid.
Energy Package Features and Benefits
With emergency power availability, you will never find yourself left in the dark, even during power outages. Fronius batteries offer:
- Flexibility: Emergency power function and battery can be retrofitted.
- Options: Different storage capacities available (4.5 – 12.0 kWh) means they are adaptable to meet individual customer needs.
- Optimisation: DC-coupled system means that the high-performance lithium technology uses no multiple conversions between AC and DC.
- User friendliness: Simple interface, integrated WLAN and Ethernet.
- Longevity: Long service life, short charging times and high depth of discharge.
Enphase AC Battery
The Enphase AC Battery is a high performing energy storage solution which aims to create better value, pairing with Enphase microinverters and other solar technologies to help you make the most of your energy.
Enphase AC batteries are safe, reliable and provide low lifetime energy cost for both new solar customers and retrofit customers. They also also offer the flexibility to install the right sized system to meet your needs.
Enphase Storage System Features and Benefits
- Easy Installation: Simple quick and easy single person installation with plug-and-go installation.
- Simplicity: Connects with standard household AC wiring.
- Safety: No high voltage in system, safety-tested and certified. Prismatic cells are highly stable over time.
- Reliability: Lithium-ion phosphate chemistry for long cycle life and includes a 10-year warranty.
Ask Aztech Solar to Install Your Solar Batteries
Servicing Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Lake Macquarie, Maitland and Port Stephens areas, Aztech Solar can help you to use your solar panels in a more cost efficient and environment-friendly way.
Call us today on 02 4067 2634 to discuss installing a battery to your solar system, whether new or retro fitted. Alternatively, visit us at aztechsolar.com.au or request a free onsite quote by clicking here and we will reach out to you as soon as we can.