Reduce your carbon footprint and increase your freedom
Solar energy has become increasingly popular over the last 25 years, due to government incentives, increasingly affordable technology, growing consumer awareness, and the boom in personal ecological responsibility. All-together, the quest to build sustainable futures is an increasingly popular one and one that we at Aztech Solar are proud to support.
Created by the sun, solar energy is a renewable free source of energy that we collect using solar panels which converts the collected energy before sending it to an inverter which converts it into usable currents. After the solar energy is converted, it gets sent to the switch board to be utilised by your home electronics. Depending on your system you may have a battery storage set up or feed the unused excess power directly back into the grid for a credit on your electricity bill.
Advantages of solar energy
- Reduced water usage: Traditional energy is produced using thousands of litres of water each year to cool generators, process and refine fuel, and transport the fuel through pipes. Solar panels do not use any water at all to create energy and are easily rinsed off whenever it rains.
- Decreased air pollution: Unlike traditional electricity power plants, which generate carbon dioxide and methane gases, solar panels do not produce any harmful emissions.
- Combating climate change: As more households and businesses switch to solar energy, the production of greenhouse gases from electricity will slow and every little bit will help protect the sustainability of our future.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Solar energy is one of the cleanest and most effective sources of sustainable energy currently available and is a great way to reduce your household’s carbon footprint. By installing even a small system you contribute to Australia’s Renewable Energy Target scheme, which aims to see Australia generating at least 20% of its electricity from renewable sources.
- Less reliance on fossil fuels: While it may take years, fossil fuels are a finite resource and will run out. Solar and other renewable power sources serve to reduce how much we rely on fossil fuels and the companies that control them. By embracing the sustainability of renewable resources such as solar energy, we are helping to provide a liveable environment for future generations.
While the reserves of available fossil fuels are steadily decreasing and the price of fossil fuel products such as petrol are consistently increasing, it is time for more households to think about the sustainability of our power sources.
By utilising the sun’s energy through solar power systems and installing them in the right conditions and environments, being mindful of our impact on local ecosystems, we are helping to create a sustainable future for not only ourselves, but for our friends, family, and future generations.
No one knows for certain what the future holds, there are many documentaries, movies and theories that illustrate what might happen if we continue with our reliance on non-renewable resources. Making use of the empty roof spaces on buildings is a wonderful way to utilise available space without further impacting the environment. Not only will a solar system increase your home’s value, you may end up completely free from the electrical grid (depending on the size and output of your system).
The United Nations defines sustainability to be where the development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Solar energy is widely agreed to be the most important source of renewable energy, as it can be used without diminishing future reserves.
Brian Barth of MA Environmental Planning and Design discusses in his article about how there is more than enough solar power to provide for all the energy needs of the planet, even if the Earth’s population continues to grow and consume more energy.
While creating solar panel systems and installing them are not yet economically sustainable, the systems more than pay for themselves once they are set up and running. As we see technology advancing, we look forward to seeing the cost to decrease and future initiatives and grants become more readily available, leading us into a sustainable future as a country and hopefully someday, globally.
The ultimate sustainability dream, living off-grid! While totally legal in both New South Wales and Victoria, living off-grid can be a bit daunting for those who face restrictive planning conditions. Green Build Co. introduces readers to Michael Mobbs, one of the most famous off-grid dwellers based in Sydney, Australia. He proves that it is completely feasible to create a sustainable future with solar energy.
By monitoring your solar panel’s efficiency through the digital meters and solar monitoring that Aztech Solar provides with our installations so that you can track the power generated and optimise your power usage. With solar, the average Australian household could save up to 80% on their energy bills or go even further with one of our safest and most affordable battery storage solutions available. By having battery storage, you can save excess solar energy for night usage and cloudy or stormy days thus reducing your need to rely on traditional energy sources.
Save the future and your money
At Aztech Solar, we believe in building a sustainable future. That’s why we don’t just push sales – we educate you on how solar systems work. We want to provide you with a solar energy system that will save you money and have a lasting positive impact on the environment. If sustainable energy is what you’re looking for, contact one of our amazing team members today on 1300 992 922, email@example.com for a free quote, or browse our range at aztechsolar.com.au. We look forward to your visit at 1/41 Enterprise Drive, Beresfield NSW 2322.